The Read Across Liberty Program has been in existence for 15 years and has placed nearly 40,000 books in the hands of Liberty County’s youngest students. (what)
· The United Way of the Coastal Empire administers this program in an effort to promote early childhood literacy and bring literacy nutrition to every young readers home in our community. (why)
· Access to quality, age appropriate reading material in a child’s home is paramount to their growth and development (defined as literacy nutrition)- especially in those early years. (why)
· With advancements in technology and the new digital book era, being read aloud to and reading aloud has become somewhat of a lost art, but children can thrive even more when it’s a part of their development. (why)
· Youth development and education is a corner stone of UWCE’s mission to our four county area. (why)
· This year, the Read Across Liberty Program is fully sponsored by Vaden Nissan in Hinesville and we couldn’t be more thrilled to have both their financial support and volunteers from their staff. (who)
· Thursday, March 28th, we will give away 3000 books and send an army of 175 volunteers into the local school system here in Liberty County and on Fort Stewart. (when and where)
LUX~A Medical Spa is a Community Partner with Bluffton Self Help and an offical drop off location every Saturday from 9 am to 12 pm. This Thurday, March 28th from 10 am to 6 pm during their Spring Open House, LUX is hosting a Diaper Drive to benefit Bluffton Self Help.
Donate Diapers (sizes 2 to 6) and receive 20 EXTRA Raffle Tickets for even more chances to Win LUXurious prizes!
This unique walk allows RCC to galvanize support from men and boys to join the effort to avert sexual violence, and bring awareness to the struggles victims face.
Participants can register for $10, and are encouraged to raise additional funds from family, friends and/or colleagues to support their effort to "walk-a-mile" around Forsyth Park in high-heel shoes--symbolizing the steps victims take toward healing. Females can participate by providing support to males on their "journey".
A "Teal HEEL" award will be presented to the group and individual with the most funds raised.
Join the Nine Line Foundation and Nine Line Apparel every Armed Forces Day for our Annual 5K/10K Run for the Wounded here in Savannah, Georgia. 100% of proceeds from the race will benefit the Nine Line Foundation’s initiatives to support our nation’s veterans.. With both 5K and 10K options available, this twilight run is great for any participant. Participants will receive a post race beer from local, veteran-owned Service Brewing Company (participants age 21+ only), a Nine Line Apparel designed Event T-shirt, koozie, and special edition 5K/10K challenge coin.